|Asst. Division Director:
You can help!
U12 Home Page
In the U12 division, players begin to bring their basic
techniques and skills to the next level of play. The level of
play in this division is more competitive than in the younger
divisions, but is still in line with the AYSO philosophy of everyone
plays and has fun.
Participation in the
season requires that players be born between August 1, and July 31, .
- Games: Games are played with 9 players to a side.
- Duration: Each game consists of two 30-minute halves.
- Schedule: All games will
be played on Saturdays.
- Location: All home games will be played at McGarvey. Some teams have away games at
Half Moon Bay and San Carlos.
- Participation: All players will play at least half of
See the rule differences by
division matrix to compare U14 rules with U12.
- Shin guards: Mandatory for all practices and
- Footwear: Soccer shoes or tennis shoes. No football or
- Ball: Size 4 (recommended)
- Uniform: Jersey, socks, and shorts (will be provided by
AYSO). You must wear your full uniform at games.
- Practice: Practice sessions will be determined by the
- Team parent: Each team needs a parent(s) to coordinate
snacks, photo day, and end-of-season party.
- Banner: Team banner needs to be completed before photo
- Practice: At least one parent must remain with the
team during all practices and games. If the coach is a
different gender from the players, then a parent of the
same sex as the players must be present.
Top of this Page | Home
| Players | Parents | Coaches | Referees | Administration